GrownUps accepts no responsibility for decisions made by Members or any other persons as a result of using or relying on any information on the GrownUps website. GrownUps does not give any health advice or make any recommendation of any product or service.
Blackmores Smart Heart™ is a natural oat bran powder rich in oat betaglucan. A daily serve (14 g) delivers 3 g betaglucan which, when consumed as part of a healthy diet that is low in saturated fats, helps to reduce cholesterol.
The added cinnamon and ginger are both warming spices which may help to stimulate your circulation and get your blood pumping. It’s an ‘all system go!’ kind of meal and the perfect way to start your morning.
Whip this up in a matter of minutes and look after your body from the inside out.
- 1/2 cupBlackmores Smart Heart™
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1cm cube ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt or plant-based yoghurt
- Kiwi fruit
How to make
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk, water, desiccated coconut, sweetener, grated ginger, cinnamon, salt and vanilla to a boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer
- Once the milk is simmering, add the Smart Heart™ stirring and rolled oats stirring gently to incorporate everything well. Cook for around 5 minutes or until everything is soft and cooked through
- Divide the porridge between two bowls, top with kiwi fruit, pomegranate, hazelnuts and coconut and enjoy
Recipe & image supplied by Blackmores