Total time: 35 minutes
- 360gm salmon chopped into pieces
- 180gm fresh or frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 90gm feta, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
- 2 tbs preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 – 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 egg beaten with 3 tablespoons milk
- sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
Combine the salmon, spinach, feta, parsley and lemon in a bowl.
Lay a filo sheet on your work surface and brush with melted butter. Top with a second sheet, then brush with butter again. Repeat with the third and fourth sheets.
Place the filling lengthways across one edge. (If there is too much filling, don’t use it all.) Roll up the strudel, starting with the side with the filling and working across to the other side. Brush the entire strudel with the egg-milk mixture, then seal the ends. Sprinkle with sesame seeds
Transfer to a prepared baking tray.
Bake at 200C for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove and serve.