Increase your energy and give your body a bit of a detox by drinking this in the morning. Make sure to brush your teeth afterwards as it is rather acidic with the apple cider vinegar and lemon.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (it has to be raw, unfiltered, with the mother)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 cup cold filtered water (optional)
Mix the first 5 ingredients together, the hot water should allow the honey to mix in. Then add the cold filtered water and dilute it to your liking.
Health benefits of each ingredient:
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): Has lots of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. It should be raw and unfiltered.
ACV is great for digestion, other benefits include:
- Balances pH levels
- Lowers cholesterol
- Cleanses your system leaving your skin glowing and clear
- Gives you more energy
- Reduces bloating & water weight
- Suppresses appetite (because it balances your pH levels and thus your glucose & insulin levels making you feel satisfied longer)
- Can help with muscle aches and pains
- Another acid and works very similar to ACV
- Improves digestion
- Reduces bloating
- Increases blood circulation.
- Breaks up mucus and toxins in blocked and clogged arteries, making it great for heart health
Ideally, use raw local honey as consuming local pollens will help tremendously with seasonal allergies. Since you are ingesting what you are reacting to from allergies, you are building an immunity.