You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!
Preparation Time: 1 hour, plus
Freezing: 6 hours
- 25 g plain chocolate
- 225 g ricotta cheese
- 5 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 85 g / 3 oz caster sugar
- 175 ml strong black coffee, cooled and chilled
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of vanilla essence
- 25 g chocolate curls, to decorate
1) Grate the chocolate and reserve. Place the ricotta cheese, yoghurt and sugar in a blender or food processor and process until a smooth puree forms. Transfer to a large bowl and beat in the coffee, cinnamon, vanilla essence and grated chocolates.
2) Spoon the mixture into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 1½ hours, or until slushy. Remove from the freezer, turn into a bowl and beat. Return to the container and freeze for 1½ hours.
3) Repeat the beating and freezing process twice more before serving in scoops, decorated with chocolate curls. Alternatively, leave in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving, and then transfer to the refrigerator to soften slightly before scooping.
Variation: Omit the cinnamon and vanilla essence and substitute 40 g/1½ oz grated mint chocolate for the plain chocolate.