- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cups white potato, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander, plus more for garnish
Put a lidded fry pan on medium heat and sauté the onions in oil for 5 minutes, or until the onions are transparent.
Add garlic, jalapeno pepper, and ginger. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
Add potatoes, cabbage, zucchini, lentils, tomato juice, tomatoes, water, salt, sugar, and pepper.
Put on low heat and place the lid on top, cook for 15-20 minutes until the veggies are tender and the sauce has thickened.
Stir in peanut butter and coriander. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more coriander and serve.