- The average age of a Trauma policy payout is just 47
- 51 people per day are diagnosed with cancer in NZ*
- 57% of adults diagnosed with cancer will survive up to 10 years**
- The good news is that although the cancer rate is up, deaths are down.
- 21 Kiwi’s a day have a stroke – 25% of whom are under 65***
- 10,0000 Kiwis suffer heart attacks every year – approx. 35% of those are aged under 40
- 40% of working adults face critical illness before age 65 (Cologne Reinsurance March 1992)
*Cancer Society of New Zealand. Sourced March 2011.
**Ministry of Health December 2010.
***Stroke Foundation of New Zealand. Sourced March 2011.