Ian and Mary’s Story
Founded in 1993 by Ian and Mary Grant after a long career at Youth in Christ, The Parenting Place was created to reach the whole family not just children. The Grant’s sought to equip and encourage parents to grow great family relationships. In it all they offer a heart of humility, love, generosity and service.
Over 20 years own the track the original vision remains. With now more than 60 staff, The Parenting Place continues to positively impact families throughout New Zealand by offering a range of programmes that are accessible and engaging.
Parents and children genuinely long for meaningful relationships and The Parenting Place’s work is aimed at helping make this a reality for all New Zealanders. They aim to challenge the stories, ideas and habits that undermine good family relationships. Offering an alternative vision for life.
Read The Parenting Place articles here:
- Parent vision
- Who to help your child process their emotions
- Children’s tears
- Capturing & creating family memories
- Myth busting: Traveling with an infant is only for the brave
- Are you over-praising?
- Questions to help raise problem solvers
- The food amnesty list – no more fussy eaters
- Setting up the younger generation with a ‘success attitude’
- Why do kids grizzle and whine?
- Navigating differences of opinion in relationship vs. parenting
- Parents and grandparents – how to make the dynamic work well
- Anger just doesn’t work
- Youth crime
- What to do for Mum?
- Coping with winning and losing
- Ingraining a good work ethic in our children
- Sideline Parents
- Embarrassing parents
- Helping your partners parenting
- Sophie Pascoe’s Family
- Good parenting isn’t harsh parenting
- Keeping children safe
- Don’t oversell school
- Hot tip – Give a face
- Surviving communal living
- Do your kids have military tidying skills?
- 5 tips for tech-savvy parents
For more information check out theparentingplace.com