Read Ron’s articles:
- Changing our questions this summer
- Consumed by anxiety? No worries
- Coping With Sadness
- It’s Hard To Be In The Present
- Becoming More Fulfilled
- Improving Our Self-Confidence
- Putting Yourself First
- Turning Hopes Into Reality
- The Key To Reducing Stress
- Making A Good First Impression
- What To Do When We Don’t Know What To Do….
- Work For Over 60’s – Still Dyeing My Hair!!
- The Benefits Of Doing Nothing
- Are We Afraid Of Doing Well?
- A Fulfilling Year
- Refirement or Retirement
- Are You Being Who You Should Be Or Being Who You Are?
- Snow on the Roof
- Who Is That In The Mirror?
- Jumping To Conclusions
- Is Age All The Rage?
- Should you get a Coach or Coach Yourself?
- The Bucket List – A New Approach
- The Chatterbox in Our Heads
- Can We Learn Intuition?
- Revive or Reinvent?
- A Way to Deal With Stress
- How We Find Our Voice
- The Power of ‘No’
- Have You Lost Yourself?
- What Makes a True Friend?
- Christmas Holidays: Pain or Gain?
- When is the Right Time to Set Our Goals?
- 2, 4, 6, 8, How Do I Appreciate?
- Questions to Ourselves
- Being ‘Perfect’ and Going for Gold
- The Art and Science of Persuading Others
- The Ways We Are Seen
- Rethinking Retirement
- Changing Our Questions
- Is It Your Car or You?
- How to Talk to Almost Anyone
- Alone For The Holidays
- Creating a Social Network in Any City
- Being with Angry People
- Balancing Act
- Thinking About Dieting
- Why a Good Coach Will Not Give Advice
- If Coaching is the Answer, What is The Question?
- Change Can Be HARD
- Moving from Survive to Thrive
- Christchurch Goes Nomadic
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- New Dreams and Goals
- The Happiness Trap
- Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
- Values & Goals
- Lead Yourself Before You Lead Others
- Sliding versus Deciding
- Making Goals Work For You
- Life Coaching
- How Men and Women Argue
- Passion? What Passion?
- Why Making New Year Resolutions Is A Waste Of Time!
- Grandparents and Christmas
- Engagement & Fulfillment
- A Key to Happiness in Retirement
- Sabotaging Ourselves
- What Retirement?
- Being a Grandparent
- Staying Motivated
- Older Workers (What You Said…)
- Facing Tough Times
- Baby Boomers & the Workplace
- “What Shall We Do For A Change?”
- “What Are Old People For?”
- “Dye Your Hair, Get a Job!”
A parent and a grandparent
He has his own coach
Ron has used and continues to use a coach to help him realise and bring forth his own goals. He knows what it’s like to be on the other side of coaching and the value it has brought him.
His professional background
His work experience has been mainly in public health – working with people and organisations to make healthier choices in their lives. He was the first N.Z. non-medical graduate in the postgraduate qualification in public health to pass with distinction.
Ron has also been a filmmaker, a teacher and real estate salesperson and has qualifications in all of those industries.
His road to coaching
Ron’s work and life experience have been all about working with other people. His greatest realisation after working in public health was that no matter how much advice or information you may have to offer and give to others, you cannot make anyone change. That change has to come from inside that person from their own ideas and values– a good coach will skillfully help you to achieve this.
The cost of doing nothing
Seven years ago Ron realised that his managerial position was not providing him with the fulfilment and balance that he really wanted in his life. After much soul searching and through his own work being coached, he decided it was time to move on and give himself a chance to shine. Through that experience, he is now a serious promoter of:
- Life/work balance so as to feel more fulfilled at work and personally
- Career change
- Helping people improve their relationships with family and partners
- Gaining a spiritual meaning to life
- Having a desire to ‘get sorted’
Motivating baby boomers to see the world with fresh eyes.