Login/Join to access your personalised dashboard now! Returning user? Log in or Register

2014 Europe tour

This topic contains 33 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  alic80431 > 7 days ago.

Discussions Travel International Travel 2014 Europe tour

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
    lind84244
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11
    lind84244

Hi again. Carleen, you asked about wifi. Globus tells me most of the hotels we’ll stay at have free wifi in the lobby, and in-coach wireless is also free though availability can be intermittent depending on the location we’re driving through. Hope you’re all well. I’m just off to the gym. It’s always good to lift your fitness a little, if you can, before a trip like this. We’ll be sitting a lot but probably also walking a lot and everything’s just that much more enjoyable if you can do it with ease. I understand it’s not possible for everyone but if you can get out and take regular walks or other exercise in the build-up to departure you’ll be all the better ready to enjoy everything on the itinerary.

glor
    Replies: 5
    glor

Hello to all my fellow Globus Grand European tour travellers. My name is Gloria and like you, have been getting myself organised for our upcoming trip. My case is out already, and have just made a list of everything I still need to do and see to. One thing I have done is ring my doctors nurse to see if I needed to be vaccinated for anything. She said that where we are going requires no specific jabs, but that I should have a flu shot, and make sure my tetanus is up to date. Well I did have a flu shot, and am getting the tetanus one tomorrow. Am looking forward to meeting you all.:P:lol::lol::lol:

glor
    glor

To Lind84244. Re emoticons, just click on whatever emoticons you want in your text. They show as letters or symbols until you click on ‘Submit comment’ then they show in your message as yellow emoticons

lind84244
    lind84244

Thanks Glor. Have been using computers for ever but, obviously, not up with the play here! 😛

lind84244
    lind84244

Good idea re flu shot, Gloria! Of course anyone who’s taking medication regularly also needs to ensure that they have sufficient supply for the time we’ll be away. And if it’s something you need to take twice daily to also make sure they put it in their carry-on bag, not their suitcase, before we fly out. Once your suitcase disappears at your NZ airport you can’t get at it again until we’re in Dubai. I know it sounds obvious to say this but my husband used to be a long-haul airline pilot and tells me it’s amazing how often passengers with a health condition get concerned mid-flight when they realise their pills or whatever are buried in the baggage containers in the hold. Happy planning, everyone! Don’t hesitate to post any queries here or email me direct, if you want, at lindsey@lindseydawson.com 🙂

carol52
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4
    carol52

Hi fellow travellers
    I’m thinking of using a travelsim for my phone while we are away. Its being promoted by telecom and apparently works in over 190 countries worldwide. I would only be texting but it may be useful for emergencies. Does anyone have experience with these? Carolyn 😕

Jaysee
    Replies: 158
    Jaysee

I used a travelsim for the first time about 18 months ago when on a trip to the UK. It was great. I always travel alone as the husband won’t fly and it made keeping in touch with family here in NZ really easy. I will definitely be using one again later in the year on my next trip back to visit my mother.

geminigirl50231
    geminigirl50231

Hi fellow travellers. Christine here from Lower Hutt.
    The hotel in Dubai looks amazing. Can’t wait. It is somewhere I have always wanted to visit. Not very good in the heat so will take taxis.
    Lindsey is it possible to get the names of the other hotels.
    I love looking at them on the internet.
    Hate the thought of packing.
    Bye for now,
    Christine

lind84244
    lind84244

Hi Christine, great to hear from you here. You’ll get the whole list with your documents, which will arrive in the next few days. Then you can do happy browsing as you check them all out online. But just as a taste, there’s Grosvenor House, Park Lane, in London; Radisson Bleu Royal in Belgium; Grand Hotel Europe in Lucerne; Hilton Vienna Danube in Vienna; Crowne Plaza St Peter’s in Rome; and Mercure Paris Ventre Tour Eiffel in Paris. That might keep you happy ’till the full list arrives! :D:D

geminigirl50231
    geminigirl50231

Thanks Lind84244. Will check them out.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisement

Join Free.  Register for newsletter updates & complete your membership for full site access.  Welcome & Enjoy!

Register Free today and go in the draw to win a $50 gift card!

Close X  
GrownUps

Register

Join 165,000 GrownUps for Free. Register now to receive our regular email newsletters to keep you up to date & complete your membership to access all areas of the site. We can’t wait to meet you. Enjoy!

Please tick the box to continue:

GrownUps

Excellent, you're all signed up for the GrownUps newsletter!

An email has been sent to the email address you provided for when you're ready to finish setting up your user profile.

We hope to see you soon!