Article by Cameron Van
Traveling by train is not something everyone thinks about. It is a mode of travel that was left behind with the horse and carriage. But the train is making a comeback for more that local excursions. The next time you need to cross the country, go by rail.
1. There is no driving involved when you take the train. That means you don’t have to bother with maps or navigation. You just climb aboard and enjoy the scenery until you arrive at your location.
2. You can walk around WHILE on the move. You won’t have the inconvenience of cramped legs to damper your travel experience.
3. Prices are comparable to other modes of transportation (particularly with fuel costs on the rise). You can choose to have a private bedroom for about the same cost as coach tickets to the same location.
4. You can eat on the go. The dining car allows you to have your meal without slowing down.
5. Get there faster. The trains travel at much higher speeds than the cars AND they have a more direct route. You can probably get there about as fast as you could fly even, considering the long waits that you have in airports these days.
6. Sleep while you travel. Take a nap or have an overnight (depending on the length of the trip). Sleep is normally discouraged when you are travelling (particularly when you are the driver) but is perfectly acceptable on the train.
7. Experience within an experience. Although the vacation may be the ultimate experience, travelling by train is sure to be an exciting portion of that experience.
8. Plan for stops. When you purchase your tickets, you can plan for layovers in towns that you would like to do some sightseeing. Although you will have to take your luggage off the train, it still could be a fun way to see the country.
9. Easy travel for those who have trouble getting around. You can get a lift to the train, get help to your seat, and not have to worry about running through the terminal to make your connection.
Train travel is the new, old way to take your vacation. It will give you a chance to enjoy the scenery along the way and will make getting to the vacation almost as exciting as the vacation itself. Take some time to see what benefits train travel can offer you and your family.