Instagram the photo-sharing phone application released on Monday the top 10 most popular places in New Zealand to share photos from, based on the number of images geo-tagged to specific locations.
Lake Tekapo won the top spot in 2016, slipping to third place in 2017. Aoraki/Mt Cook was fifth and Lake Pukaki 10th this year. The top spot was earned by the Milford Sound in Fiordland.
Instagram’s top 10 NZ locations are:
1. Milford Sound, Fiordland, South Island
2. Hobbiton Movie Set, Waikato, North Island
3. Lake Tekapo, Canterbury, South Island
4. Mount Maunganui, Bay Of Plenty, North Island
5. Aoraki/Mt Cook, Canterbury, South Island
6. Lake Wanaka, Wanaka, South Island
7. Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Ruapehu, North Island
8. Takapuna Beach, Auckland, North Island
9. Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown, South Island
10. Lake Pukaki, Canterbury, South Island