Imagine being able to scale the side of a mountain, or glide along the banks of an emerald green glacier lake. How about winding your way along an impossibly steep canyon, carving a path through snow-capped peaks, or speeding through untamed wilderness?
With Rocky Mountaineer, all your wildest dreams will come true. And when we say wild, we mean wild – think ancient glaciers, sky high peaks, fiery sunsets, and grazing grizzlies. Showcasing the highest peaks in the Canadian Rockies, ‘Journey Through the Clouds’ elevates train travel to a whole new level.
Riding aboard the legendary Rocky Mountaineer, you’ll unlock access to Canada’s most remote corners. All from the comfort of the custom designed, glass dome coaches that showcase the splendour of the Rockies from every possible angle.
Here’s a glimpse at what to expect along the way:
- Feel like an afternoon glass of bubbly or local BC wine? Don’t even think twice…you’re on train time now, so sit back, relax, and watch the scenery roll by while sipping on your chosen tipple.
- From the moment you step foot on Rocky Mountaineer, you’ll know you won’t go hungry. The kitchen is overflowing with regional delicacies, inspired by Western Canada’s diverse culinary landscape. And of course, if you want maple syrup all you have to do is ask.
- Throughout your journey you’ll be treated to bespoke commentary from charming expert Hosts. They will share everything from historical titbits to fun facts, with every turn of the track bringing new insights.
- At almost every destination, there are unique chances to experience more. From helicopter flights and ancient glacier treks to gondola rides and whale watching trips, there’s always an opportunity to enrich your journey with additional adventures.
- In the mountains, the air is deliciously sweet. That’s why Rocky Mountaineer features a purpose built open-air vestibule that allows you to breathe deep, and savour the sunshine. As well as meeting new friends while you’re out there!
- When the sun sets over the mountains, you can look forward to a night of unparalleled comfort in a cherry-picked hotel. Enjoy sweet dreams, a lavish breakfast, and an invitation to ride the rails all over again in the morning.
A sky-high itinerary
Start in Vancouver, where you’ll get a taste of just how sweet life can be in Canada. You’ll then board Rocky Mountaineer and steam towards Kamloops. Don’t blink an eye, because this leg breezes through the mighty Coast Mountains, then winds its way along the Fraser River.
You’ll start to climb near the Continental Divide, and eventually make your way into Jasper National Park. Scenery culminates with the towering Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
Jasper marks the end of your train journey, but the beginning of an impossibly scenic road trip. Travelling by luxury coach, you’ll cruise along the Icefields Parkway to Banff. Once you’ve touched down in everyone’s favourite mountain town you’ll get the chance to visit the dazzling Lake Louise, as well as the aptly named Emerald Lake. Next up is Calgary, a cosmopolitan city that’ll treat you to craft cocktails, an upbeat downtown core and of course, cowboy boots galore.
Don’t miss the exclusive earlybird offer
Wild, rugged and forever untamed, the Canadian Rockies are vast – that’s why Rocky Mountaineer has gone all out with an offer that does them justice. For a limited time, when you book a qualifying 2018 Rocky Mountaineer package of eight days or more, House of Travel will treat you to $1,000 CAD per couple in added value as an early booking bonus (but you need to get in quick and book by 25th August 2017 to receive this exclusive offer).
Use the earlybird credit to enrich your adventure, with a host of options to choose from – stay a little longer and put it towards an extended hotel stay, tick off a string of activities and experiences, treat yourself to hotel fine dining, or enjoy private airport transfers.
Get in touch with House of Travel today to chat with one of their friendly travel experts about planning your dream holiday to the Canadian Rockies.