Looking after your garden is extremely important. Not only does owning a good looking garden appear more pleasing to the eye, it is also a great talking point among friends, a great place to relax in the summer months, it can also add value to your home.
Many reasons are often overlooked for maintaining your garden so here are our top ten reasons:
1. The appearance of your garden is probably one of the most important reasons to maintain your garden. An aesthetically pleasing garden will make you feel happier and provide you with great pride.
2. Often overlooked by gardeners, the garden can provide a great boost to your health, feeling generally happier and more relaxed the garden can provide a good oasis in your very home. Invite your friends and family to your beautiful garden!
3. Whilst on the subject of health it is worth noting that maintaining your garden can help reduce stress levels substantially Not only will you feel more relaxed, but an untidy garden can actually add to stress levels in the same way that having an untidy home can. The way we live our life and our environment can have more effect on our health than eating or exercise can.
4. The maintained garden more often than not adds to the value of your home. A presentable and tidy garden that has been looked after correctly can add hundreds if not thousands to your homes value. If your looking to sell your house, a tidy garden is essential.
5. As we mentioned above the maintained garden can provide a great talking point amongst friends, after all who would want to discuss their garden that has weeds growing everywhere or overgrown bushes.
6. The maintained garden can provide a great social meeting place amongst your friends or colleagues. In particular in the summer months, it gives you the opportunity to have friends around maybe for a barbecue or maybe even a corporate meeting if you are a business man or woman.
7. The garden will provide you with a great deal of pride in your work. Boosting your morale.
8. A well maintained garden will also boost your confidence knowing that all the time and effort spent on your garden has been worth while.
9. It can also provide you with a great hobby to carry out in your spare time, not only that but it can be a hobby for the whole family. Why not give the kids their own area in the garden to maintain, it will not only give them something fun to do but will also provide a great learning and bonding experience with your child.
10. Finally for the more avid gardeners amongst your, you can enter your garden into competitions. Every year across the globe there are competitions in local towns and even national or international competitions. Why not show off your hard work to hundreds if not thousands of people. You can take great pride in knowing that your garden is up to competition standard and who knows you may even win a prize.
Article by Carey Baird