An easy dip you can create with fridge staples. I like to make large portions so I can store it in the freezer and later use in quick mid-week meals. Enjoy stirred through pasta, add to mashed potatoes or serve with eggs. It also makes a great antipasto accompaniment.
- 2 and 1/2 cups chopped spinach, tightly packed
- 1 cup chopped, tightly packed parsley
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon, pips removed and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Sicilian olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional, it makes it extra chunky and delicious though)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on a low setting so that the dip stays nice and chunky.
This pesto will keep in the fridge for 5 – 6 days or you can store it in the freezer until you’re ready to use it.