If you’re like me and you love a wee treat but don’t like anything too naughty, then these are perfect. The peanut butter gives you energy and the crumbly texture of the biscuit makes it taste like a melting moment.
- 1 cup 100% peanut butter or use your homemade nut butter recipe here.
- 1 large egg
- optional extras: sea salt, cacao nibs, cacao powder, sweetener i.e. brown rice syrup or molasses
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine your egg and peanut butter and stir. Keep going until it firms up to a biscuit dough consistency – you should be able to roll it into a ball with your hands.
- Add your optional extras.
- Take teaspoon amounts of the mixture and roll into balls with your hands.
- Place on a lined or sprayed baking tray and gently squash them to a disc shape with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown and slightly cracked.