This is my go-to recipe when I want something soul-warming and delicious. It’s perfect for when you’ve had a bad day.
- cooking oil spray
- 2 chicken tenderloins or 1/2 chicken breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- ground black pepper, to taste
Spray a frying pan with oil. Cook chicken over medium heat for 3–4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion to pan and cook until soft. Add stock and rice to pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring, until rice is tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir through peas and parmesan and cook for 1 minute.
Spoon a third the risotto onto a serving plate. Top with chicken, season with pepper and serve with a large green salad.