A friend gave me this recipe. She used it when she cooked on her first date with her now-husband, and he obviously was impressed. It is now my go-to meal when I want to cook something special for my family.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 240g pork chops or pork tenderloin chopped into steaks
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 red apple such as royal gala, cored and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper; sprinkle evenly over both sides of pork.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan (do not wipe pan clean); swirl to coat. Add apples and 1/2 cup water; cover and cook 6 minutes or until apples are tender. Uncover. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, and cinnamon; cook 2 minutes or until apple is soft and most of
Uncover. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, and cinnamon; cook 2 minutes or until apple is soft and most of the liquid evaporates to become syrupy, stirring occasionally. Serve pork with apple mixture potatoes and steamed greens.