The perfect salad when you want something fresh but filling. This is a recipe for one but you can easily double triple or quadruple the recipe.
- 3 baby potatoes, halved
- 130g baby green beans, trimmed
- 1 small can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 50g cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup black olives
- 1/2 baby cos lettuce heart, leaves separated, washed
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled, quartered
- 1 anchovy fillet in oil, drained, halved lengthways (optional)
- 1 tbsp. sliced red onion
- 1 quantity Nicoise dressing
- 3 tbsp. + 1-1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp. + 1-1/2 tsp wine vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Make the dressing: Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
Next, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add beans to pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Add beans to potato.
Add onion, tuna, tomato, olives, lettuce, egg and anchovies (if using) to potato mixture. Add dressing. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.