Fresh, light and flavoursome. With a garlic lemon herb marinade this meal is fast to make, combined with a colourful crunchy salad this is an amazing not to mention healthy meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 3 hours marinating time
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1½ tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup minced fresh herbs, I used a mix of basil, rosemary and oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 large red and yellow bell peppers, cut into ¾ inch squares
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges and then ¾ inch squares
- 150g button mushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
Combine the marinade ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour a 1/4 of the marinade into a separate container and put aside. Add the cut chicken to the marinade and allow to rest for at least 3 hours. While the chicken is marinating if you are using bamboo skewers place them in water and allow to soak this will stop them burning when the skewers are being cooked.
Once the chicken has finished marinating, push onto skewers alternating with the vegetables.
Brush the skewers with the marinade you put aside and continue to while they are cooking. Place onto a hot bbq grill or put on a tray and place into an oven preheated to 180 C. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.