Serves 5 -6
- 700g boned shoulder lamb cut into bite-sized portions
- 1 packet powdered onion soup
- 1 tablespoon paprika pepper
- 240mL red wine
- 350mL water
- 2-3 sticks celery: cut into strip
- 1 red pepper: seeded and sliced
- 150mL sour cream
Brown the lamb quickly using a small amount of oil then remove from heat and stir in the soup mix, paprika, wine and water. Add the celery and capsicum.
Place back on the element and bring to boil, stir continuously. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until tender.
Remove from the heart and allow to cool slightly then stir in the sour cream. Please back on the element and reheat but do not boil. Season the dish to your liking.
Serve on a shallow dish, with a side of peas or steamed greens and creamy mash potato.