Honey, ginger and lemon a match made in heaven. This slice is fresh and light with lots of palate-cleansing tartness, a great dessert or treat for summer.
For the crust:
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Spray a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Stir flour and salt together and carefully add to butter. Stir until a soft dough starts to form.
- Press dough into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and reduce oven temperature to 160 C. Let crust cool completely.
- For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger and flour. Pour over crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool completely before cutting