- 1 eggplant cut crosswise into four sections, then lengthwise into quarters
- 1 large zuccini or cut crosswise into four sections, then lengthwise into quarters
- 4 tomatos halved
- 1 red pepper but into 2 cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 can peeled whole tomatoes, cut into quarters, juices reserved
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place eggplant, zucchini, onion, pepper and tomato and 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Season with salt. Transfer to a large baking dish with (9×13″ or larger) and roast until zucchini is slightly dried and beginning to turn brown, 12–15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
Meanwhile, toss remaining 3 Tbsp. oil, the potatoes, canned tomatoes (with their juices), garlic, lemon juice, and oregano in a medium bowl. Season with salt. Place mixture in same baking dish; top with the roasted vegetables and sprigs of rosemary. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and stir vegetables; bake until pan is nearly dry and potatoes are tender and beginning to brown, 25–35 minutes longer.
Let casserole sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with feta and serve.