A simple salad that is wonderful by itself or as a side.
- 250g halloumi cheese
- 250g mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 orange
- 60g walnuts
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes
Add the sliced halloumi to a hot frying pan – you may want to cook it in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for two minutes on one side and then flip the slices over.
In a large bowl add the rest of the ingredients, then scatter over the warm halloumi cheese. Toss well.
If you would like to add a dressing, a simple balsamic dressing works well.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients and season to taste.