450g seafood of your choice
1/2 cup water or white wine
1 onion sliced
2 stalks celery sliced
1 carrot sliced
1 cup water
2 tablespoons instant chicken stock
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup canned kernal or frozen corn
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
Seasoning to make roux sauces
1. Put fish in shallow saucepan with wine (or water) and cook over low heat until the fish flakes (5-20 mins).
2. In another pan melt butter add onion, celery and carrots (cook moderate heat 2-3 minutes).
3. Add 2nd water and chicken stock to vegetables, cover and cook 10 minutes.
4. Add peas and corn, cook 1 min longer.
5. Make a roux sauce with butter, flour, milk and seasoning.
6. Flake Fish and add liquid of fish to roux sauce.
7. Bring vegetables to boil and add fish and vegetables to sauce stirring constantly. Thin with milk if necassary.
Garnish with chopped parsley or/parprika and serve with hot rolls or crusty garlic bread.