This is a quick make ahead high quality protein breakfast!
Because it is made ahead of time it’s a quick grab, heat and go morning pick me up!
Eggs are great protein source to fuel workouts and the vegetables add fiber and potassium.
Avocados are a great source of heart healthy fat to keep hunger at bay. They also are a great source of vitamin B6. B vitamins help the body convert food to energy which is particularly important for athletes as they train; their bodies need to access that energy easily.
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1.5 c. fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- ¾ tsp chipotle seasoning
- 8 whole eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 3 Tbsp feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a mini muffin nonstick pan thoroughly with cooking spray. (Be sure to get into each muffin section, otherwise the eggs will stick.)
- Combine vegetables with seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tsp of vegetables into each muffin cup.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle each egg with cheese.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until eggs spring back and forth.