Feijoas and coconut are a match made in heaven and a great way to use your feijoa harvest
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 50g coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup feijoa flesh (approx 8 medium feijoas)
- 1 tbs organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp honey or more if you like it sweeter
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- pinch of salt
- coconut or raw sugar (to sprinkle on top)
In a mixing bowl add the flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, soda and salt.
In another bowl scrape out the flesh of the feijoas.
Add the melted coconut oil to the feijoa flesh, along with the egg, milk, honey, & grated ginger and stir.
Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Divide the mixture evenly in a greased 12 mould muffin tray, it should be scoop-able rather than runny. Sprinkle with coconut raw sugar,
Bake in a fan oven at 180 degrees for approx 30-40 mins, until golden brown.