Elegant. Creamy. Comforting. This recipe always goes down well with a crowd. Enjoy the creamy brie paired with crunchy nuts and fresh herbs. Perfect for a starter or as a dessert.
- 250 g Brie cheese or Camembert cheese
- 60 g pecan nuts or walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- drizzle of honey (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the cheese on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or in a small nonstick baking dish.
- Mince garlic and chop the nuts and herbs coarsely. Mix all three together with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper and a drizzle of honey if you like
- Place the nut mixture on the cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is warm and soft and nuts are toasted. Serve warm or lukewarm with crusty bread, crackers, sliced pear or part of a sharing board.