Try out this delicious bacon, leek & potato soup.
Perfect for lunch or dinner. Because let’s face it who doesn’t love bacon!
25 grams of butter
3 rashers bacon, chopped
400 grams of leeks, sliced and washed well
3 medium floury potatoes, peeled and diced
6 cups liquid chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of cream (optional )
3 additional rashers bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy
1/4 cup chopped parsley.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy based saucepan.
- Add bacon and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until the onion softens.
- Stir in leeks and potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 mins until vegetables are tender.
- Puree mixture until smooth.
- Return soup to pan, pour in cream and gently reheat, stirring well.
- Serve, scattered with crispy bacon and chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of member BJB