Here’s a delicious selection of Superfood recipes which are quick and easy to make and are perfect for summer! More information on superfoods and even more yummy recipes can be found at www.blackmoresnz.co.nz
Zucchini & chimichurri breakfast bowl
An ‘epic’ chimichurri recipe using Blackmores Vitality Super Greens + Nature Boost Antioxidants, from Bondi Harvest
- 2 green zucchinis
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped oregano
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 11/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Small pinch dried chilli
- Rind from 1 lemon
- 3 kale leaves
- 1 tbs Blackmores Vitality Super Greens + Nature Boost Antioxidants
- Salt and pepper
How to make:
For Chimichurri: Combine herbs, garlic, Blackmores Vitality Super Greens + Nature Boost Antioxidants, oil, vinegar, balsamic, lemon rind, chilli, salt and pepper in a bowl
Slice zucchinis by hand or using a mandolin into noodles, then in a mixing bowl, mix through with chimichurri, kale and season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Cashew, chia & jalapeno sauce
Chia seeds aren’t just for breakfast puddings and smoothies! Chia seeds are the perfect way to thicken sauces and dressings at the same time as boosting the amount of nutrients you get from your food.
By adding Blackmores Raw Chia Seeds with Nature Boost Vital Nutrients to your food, you are ensuring you are getting an extra dose of B1, B5, vitamin C, omega 3 and fibre to support your wellbeing and overall health.
This sauce is a great thing to have in the fridge throughout the week. It is the perfect accompaniment to some corn chips or chopped vegetable sticks; a good substitute for cheese when you want to drizzle something over homemade nachos or even as a dressing to a crunchy green salad.
It’s spicy, creamy, completely raw and 100% vegan making it a versatile sauce suited to most people’s needs.
If your blender or food processor is not high powered, soak your cashews for longer to soften them more so you get the same creamy and smooth texture.
Makes approximately 2 cups
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- A generous handful of coriander, including stalks
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 heaped tablespoons Blackmores Raw Chia Seeds with Nature Boost Vital Nutrients
How to make:
- Place the soaked cashews, water, jalapeño, onion, coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blitz together until it becomes a smooth and creamy sauce. If you need to add more liquid, add one tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture becomes smooth
- Transfer the sauce to a jar or tub and stir in the chia seeds until they are evenly mixed through. Set the sauce aside for 10 minutes or so to allow the chia seeds to thicken the sauce
- Serve alongside some corn chips, on top of a salad, with a side of baked sweet potatoes or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
On-the-go chia nut bars
An energy-boosting, superfoods snack that’s easy, delicious & refined sugar-free – making sure you eat well, even when you’re run off your feet.
- 10 soft Medjool dates soaked in water for 10 mins
- 1 ½cups of almonds
- ½cups of sultanas or other naturally dried preservative-free fruit
- ⅔ cups pumpkin seeds
- ⅔cups sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp Blackmores Raw Chia + Nature Boost Vital Nutrients
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼cup honey or maple syrup
How to make
- Tip the water off the dates and place in a food processor. Blend until nice and squishy
- Add the almonds and pulse a few times until chunky
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until just mixed through, taking care not to over chop the nuts and seeds
- Pour into a lined baking tin, pressing the mixture down nice and firm and bake for 20 mins at 150° fan forced
- Cool for another 20 mins and then place into the fridge to set
- When the mixture has completely set, chop into bars or nibble size portions
- Enjoy as a quick brekkie on the run or for an afternoon snack
These will keep in the fridge in an airtight glass container for two weeks. Get creative with your favourite nuts and fruit to make them your own.
Wild blueberry and lemon slice
The base layer is a well balanced mix of healthy fats, protein, fibre, natural sugars and citrus making it a guilt-free and sustaining snack option for you throughout the day.
The topping is boosted with antioxidants and is a great snack to help you maintain daily wellbeing. One 5 gram serving of Wild Blueberry Blend contains over 50 wild European blueberries plus regular blueberries.
With the added Nature Boost vitamin C from organic Indian gooseberries, contributing to skin health. This slice is a great way to get your antioxidants in a wholefood form.
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts or 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 6-7 fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon un-melted coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoonBlackmores Wild Blueberry Powder + Nature Boost Vitamin C
- Lemon zest
- Coconut flakes
How to make:
- Prepare a small baking tray or plastic container by lining it with glad wrap or baking paper. Make sure there is enough to go up the sides for when you need to pull the slice out
- If you are using whole hazelnuts, place them into a blender or food processor and blitz them into a meal
- Once the hazelnuts are blended, add the remainder of the ingredients for the base and blitz until a soft dough forms. You do not want to over-process so it is suggested that you pulse the mixture and check continually
- When the dough is holding together, transfer it into your prepared tray or container and press it down evenly and firmly. Place this into the fridge while you prepare the topping
- To make the topping, put the coconut oil and coconut butter into a jar and microwave for around 20 seconds to melt them into a liquid. You can do this on the stovetop in a pan as well however be sure to not heat the oils to a high temperature. Add the Blackmores Wild Blueberry Powder + Nature Boost Vitamin C to the jar and shake or mix well
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour the topping evenly over it. Grate the lemon zest over the top and press a handful of coconut flakes lightly into it so that they set into the slice. Return the slice to the fridge to set completely
- Once set, cut the slice into squares and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
A sweet and super easy treat for those hot summer days.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple
- A few leaves of mint
- 2 tsp of Blackmores Coconut Water + Nature Boost Magnesium
- 2 cups of water
How to make:
- Puree the pineapple and mint together in a blender
- Add the Blackmores Coconut Water + Nature Boost Magnesium powder and water and mix until combined
- Fill 6 popsicle molds and pop into the freezer for at least 4-6 hours
Click here to read more on Superfoods.