Dentures can be lifechanging. But to enjoy a set of (faux) pearly whites to their full potential you need to know a few tips and tricks. This includes making sure your dentures are properly adhered to your gums.
This is where denture adhesive products from Polident step up. Polident adhesives hold your dentures whichever way they move and help seal out food. The result is an enhanced denture fit with a strong, all day hold, whether you’re laughing, eating, smiling or simply enjoying your day-to-day life.
Enjoy the foods you love
With an effective adhesive on your side, dentures don’t have to mean avoiding the foods you love. Instead, you can dig into cereals, wholegrain bread, corn on the cob and any other food that takes your fancy. The seal helps to keep food particles out of your gums, and minimises irritation or discomfort after a meal. Plus, Polident offers a flavour free adhesive which means your dentures won’t interfere with the taste of your favourite foods. Prefer to feel fresh? You can also opt for Polident Fresh Adhesive in mint flavour – perfect for stepping out the house with confidence in the morning.
Laugh out loud
One of the joys of dentures is the freedom to laugh out loud with zero inhibitions. A trusted denture adhesive product means you’ll have no reservations about laughing at a good joke or flashing a smile for a family photograph. The dentures are adhered directly to your gums which means you’ll enjoy a natural aesthetic coupled with comfort.
Denture adhesion and removal
Just like wearing dentures, applying adhesion is an easy process that can be completed in a matter of minutes. Simply follow these four simple steps to secure your dentures in place:
- Clean and dry your dentures
- Using short strips, apply a small amount of Using Polident Flavour Free Adhesive or Polident Fresh Adhesive to your dentures, without going too close to the edges
- Rinse out your mouth with fresh water
- Place dentures in your mouth and press firmly into place. Bite down lightly for a second or two to secure
Ready to switch into your evening routine? removing your dentures is just as easy as securing them in place. Here’s how:
- Swish water in mouth
- Gently loosen dentures using a rocking motion
- Use a soft denture brush to clean off adhesive residue from dentures and mouth. Rinse with warm water
- Thoroughly clean dentures using a Polident cleanser solution