To help celebrate 10 years of GrownUps, one lucky winner and their travel companion will be whisked away to Fiji, for a trip of a lifetime for 10 days/9 nights. To be in to win, upload one of your favourite holiday snaps with you in it, plus tell us why you and the person that you’d like to bring with you, would be keen to win. Good luck! (Entries open until 27th Feb 2017).
To be in to win, post a photo of your favourite trip or travel moment, including a blurb about it. The photo could be funny, poigniant or maybe it’s just a photo of your dream holiday.
You must be logged into submit your entry.
Click here to login.
Grown Ups New Zealand Ltd Fiji Dream Holiday (Prize)
Term & Conditions (Rules)
Please note that
1. Grown Ups New Zealand Limited (“GrownUps”) is running a 10th+ Anniversary competition (the “Competition”). Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid. These Terms and Conditions relate to this specific competition only and for the purposes of this competition only, supersede any other Terms found on the GrownUps website.
2. GrownUps means, in the context of the Prize, the following entities:
- Grown Ups New Zealand Ltd
- The Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa (Accor)
- Marine Tourism Management (Blue Lagoon Cruises)
- Fiji Airways
- Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Ltd
And all brands, operating companies controlled by or associated with those entities and all employees or contractors.
3. The Competition opens on Friday 27th January 2017 and closes Monday 27th February 2017. GrownUps will take no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
4. A winner will be selected and announced on 1st March 2017 and be offered the trip, to be completed by 31st December 2017, on dates agreed to by Fiji Airways, Sofitel & Blue Lagoon Cruises.
5. The prize for one winner, is a 10 day/9 night trip-for-two to Fiji, courtesy of Fiji Airways, staying at The Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa for one-night pre and post, a 7-day Blue Lagoon Cruise (shared cabin), in Fiji, with cover from a Cigna Travel Insurance Policy.
6. The Blue Lagoon Cruise includes; 7-night cruise for 2 Adults sharing an Orchid deck cabin; Departs Port Denarau on a Friday 3 pm / returns Friday 10 am. Includes: return Nadi airport-hotel transfers, Twin/Double Orchid deck cabin accommodation 7 nights, complimentary daily stocked mini bar, tropical fruit platter on arrival, Nespresso coffee & tea selection in cabin, all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning & afternoon tea), shore activities & village visits, snorkeling equipment, evening entertainment and a private meke dancing show with traditional Fijian lovo dinner. Items not included, include bar purchases, diving & fishing trips, SPA treatments, boutique & village handicraft products, gratuities. Valid for travel until 31 December 2017
7. The accommodation includes a night pre and a night post your Blue Lagoon Cruise at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa in a Luxury Oceanside King Room with daily breakfast and access to their adult’s only, Waitui Beach Club. Valid to 30 November 2017, subject to reasonable availability and notice of desired time of travel. Travel blackouts will apply during the Australian and New Zealand school holidays.
8. The flights on Fiji Airways, depart from and arrive back at Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch International. Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of Fiji Airways and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. The air travel is economy class.
9. The Cigna Travel Insurance Policy is to be taken out over the phone, and will be at standard rates. Policy premium will be covered to the value of $500, but if the premium is greater due to underwriting the winner will have the option to pay the difference. All normal policy terms, condition and underwriting criteria will apply on application. The insurance policy will only cover the dates chosen by the winner for travel to Fiji as part of the rest of the prize.
Entry into the Prize promotion:
10. These Prize rules, terms and conditions (Rules) apply to the Promotion of the Prize (collectively, Prize Promotion) conducted on or off air and by means of any medium – online, radio, television, print, telephone or computer.
11. To enter the Competition a participant must be a registered member (“Member”) of the grownups.co.nz website (the “Site”) (details on how to register as a member and Site terms and conditions of use can be found on the Site).
12. Entry to the Prize Promotion is limited to 1 per GrownUps member.
13. Employees of Grown Ups, its associated companies and agencies and the partners and sponsors associated with the Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
14. To enter, a Member must upload a ‘Holiday’ image that includes themselves, that meets the image specifications.
15. The image must also be accompanied by up to 300 characters of text, outlining ‘What winning a trip to Fiji and taking a Blue Lagoon Cruise would mean to you and the other special person that you’d take with you’.
Once the photograph and text are uploaded & then approved by GrownUps, it will be entered into the Competition and available for public viewing on the website.
16. Once the photograph and text are uploaded & then approved by GrownUps, it will be entered into the Competition and available for public viewing on the website.
17. Entry to the Prize Promotion and the provision of your name, address, phone number and email address is deemed to be acceptance of these Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority and qualification (e.g. over 18 years of age) to enter the Prize Promotion.
The Prize Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents and Passport holders only.
18. The Prize Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents and Passport holders only.
GrownUps reserves the right to update or change these Terms & Conditions at any time.
19. GrownUps reserves the right to update or change these Terms & Conditions at any time.
20. GrownUps reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Prize Promotion on reasonable grounds.
GrownUps reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to an entrant who GrownUps decides (in its sole discretion) has violated these Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Prize Promotion or won the Prize Promotion by using fraudulent on inappropriate means.
21. GrownUps reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to an entrant who GrownUps decides (in its sole discretion) has violated these Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Prize Promotion or won the Prize Promotion by using fraudulent on inappropriate means.
22. By participating, entrants grant GrownUps exclusive permission to use their name, photographs, videos and voices in connection with the Prize Promotion and for future marketing purposes in relation to GrownUps and waive any claims to any royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
23. An entrant’s personal details as supplied must be valid and up to date and will be held by GrownUps and may be used for the purpose of the Prize Promotion and for future marketing purposes in relation to GrownUps
24. GrownUps takes no responsibility for any communication costs.
Winning the Prize:
25. Only the person who entered the Prize Promotion can be awarded the Prize (Winner).
26. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules as determined by GrownUps who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
27. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Winner will be notified by phone (voice or text) or email and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be reasonably required by GrownUps. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone, email or text after 3 attempts) the Judge will select another winner.
29. If, after successful notification, the Prize is not collected (booked) by the Winner, within 1 month of being announced it will be regarded as forfeited.
30. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner’s control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Prize.
31. In the event that the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason GrownUps entities listed in clause 2b-e, may substitute another Prize of like or equal value.
32. The Winner is required to provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
33. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his or her own risk and indemnifies GrownUps fully in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize.
34. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize.
35. As the Prize includes air travel and accommodation:
- The Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to a valid passport and Visa (if required) & Insurance (if required), which meet the requirements of immigration and other Government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner and their travelling companion must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch International Airports for flight departure and from the relevant airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
- Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of Fiji Airways and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. The air travel is economy class.
- Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Prize details, made by the Winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Prize Winner.
- A night pre and a night post the Blue Lagoon Cruise is available at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa in a Luxury Oceanside King Room with daily breakfast and access to their adults only, Waitui Beach Club. Valid to 30 November 2017, subject to reasonable availability and notice of desired time of travel. Travel blackouts will apply during the Australian and New Zealand school holidays.
- Blue Lagoon Cruise is as follows: 7 night cruise for 2 Adults sharing an Orchid deck cabin. Departs on Friday 3pm / returns Friday 10am. Valid for travel until 31 December 2017. Includes: return Nadi airport-hotel transfers, Twin/Double Orchid deck cabin accommodation 7 nights, complimentary daily stocked mini bar, tropical fruit platter on arrival, Nespresso coffee & tea selection in cabin, all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning & afternoon tea), shore activities & village visits, snorkeling equipment, evening entertainment and a private meke dancing show with traditional Fijian lovo dinner.
- The Winner will be responsible (where it is not expressly included) for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidental, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Prize), gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Prize.
- GrownUps makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including Government, local consular offices and the web site for the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The Winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
- All travel is subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions of the Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Prize accepts the Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the Winner’s travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by GrownUps.
36. GrownUps reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue this Prize Promotion at any stage, for any reason which is considered to be necessary and reasonable in all the circumstances including Acts of God.
37. GrownUps takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Prize Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, Acts of God or otherwise.
38. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GrownUps will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of any entrant’s entry into the Prize Promotion or winning the Prize.
39. As the Prize is to be supplied by entities outside Grown Ups New Zealand Ltd’s control and that entity or entities (listed in clause 2b-e) fail, for whatever reason, to supply the Prize or any part of it, Grown Ups New Zealand Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
40. Participation in the Prize Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Rules.
41. If the Winner does not accept these Rules the Prize will be forfeited.
42. These Rules will be governed by the laws of New Zealand and will be subject to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
The grand prize includes:
- Return flights to Fiji for two flying Fiji Airways.
Arrive in Fiji in style, thanks to Fiji Airways enjoy return flights, two people, departing from and arriving back at either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch International.
- Accommodation at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa including access to the exclusive adults only, Waitui Beach Club
Before and after your cruise, relax in luxury at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa in an oceanside king room. Wake up in the morning and enjoy complementary breakfast before making the most of the Waitui Beach Club, a exclusive adult’s only area with its own pool, champagne bar, gym, poolside cabanas and restaurant.
- 7-night cruise aboard Blue Lagoon Cruises
Unwind and enjoy a 7-night cruise with your loved one where you will be treated to a Twin/Double Orchid deck cabin, complimentary daily stocked mini bar, tropical fruit platter on arrival, Nespresso coffee & tea selection in cabin, all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning & afternoon tea), shore activities & village visits, snorkeling equipment, evening entertainment and a private miku dancing show with traditional Fijian lovo dinner.
Total prize valued at over $12,500
Plus be in to win great spot prizes just for entering, including:
Bic Runga and Brooke Fraser Albums, win albums from two of New Zealand’s most successful artists. If you would like to see these two stunning songstresses perform live you can catch them both at The Winery Tour! With an all-star lineup featuring Brooke Fraser and Bic Runga, and exciting newcomer Benny Tipene, it is an event not to be missed. For more details on the artists and the tour click here.
Luggage Leash, an easy-to-use, Bluetooth GPS tracking device that assists in preventing your luggage from being lost or stolen. Simply place the coin-sized device into your luggage then download the free Leash It app on your smartphone. Once your Luggage Leash is synced to your phone a load alarm will be activated alerting you should somebody try to remove your luggage from your vicinity (valued at $59.99). For more details on the luggage leash click here.
Olay Regenerist Overnight Miracle Regime – Hit Snooze on The Visible Signs of Ageing. The Olay Regenerist Overnight Miracle Regime is the simple way to make beauty miracles happen. A three part system, formulated to work with your skin’s daily repair rhythm so it performs at its youthful peak, the Olay Regenerist Overnight Miracle Regime acts like a night-time fairy godmother to revolutionise your beauty sleep.
Olay Overnight Miracle is a regimen combining the Olay Regenerist Miracle Boost Youth Pre-Essence (RRP $39.99) with Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (RRP $48.99) and Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Night Cream (RRP $48.99).
Olay Overnight Miracle range is available now in supermarkets and pharmacies nationwide and we have one pack consisting of each product to give away (total value $137.97).
For more information on the range, visit the Olay Facebook page; facebook.com/OlayANZ
Aveeno Skincare Giftpack – This Aveeno pack is packed with natural oatmeal, cocoa and shea butter and rich emollients to leave your skin feeling refreshed, smooth and silky this summer. Featuring Aveeno’s Skin Relief Body Wash and Moisturising Cream with cooling action to help soothe and relieve dry, itchy and cracked skin. The pack also includes Aveeno’s Intensive Relief Hand Cream – the perfect protective glove against the harsh summer sun.
Courtesy of Blue Lagoon Cruises
Mana’ia Men’s Skincare Pack – Pure Fiji man, take care of your skin with the men’s body pack from Mana’ia which includes moisturising body lotion, body butter and body wash.
Pure Fiji Women’s Pamper Package – Everything to pamper body and soul made with tropical drift nuts to hydrate your skin. Includes a body lotion, body wash handmade soap and more.
Blue Lagoon Cruises Coffee Mug – Perfect for your hot drink when you’re on the go.
Finding the retirement village that’s right for youRetirement villages aren’t what they used to be. The best modern retirement villages are supportive environments, dedicated to empowering people to live the lives they choose. But not all retirement villages are created equal. That’s why deciding on a village that fits your or your loved one’s lifestyle is so important.
Important considerations before moving into a retirement village
New GrownUps Retirement Living Directory - Browse Options
Be in to win an AED
Dreaming of a winter wonderland?
How can you make sure your retirement savings last as long as you do?
Boost your incomeAnyone over 60, who owns a home valued at a minimum of $300,000, can apply for a Heartland Bank reverse mortgage.
Are you ready to retire?
Blackmores Natural Health
50% off travel insurance for GrownUps members!
Do you have a travel insurance question or query you’d like answered?