- #1741223BJB January 23, 2020 at 7:50 am
CHOCOLATE FUDGE SLICE ( a well known slice)
125 grams butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 packet Round wine Biscuits
Chocolate Fudge slice
Crush Biscuits roughly or how preferred, set aside.
Melt slowly in a pot the Butter, Sugar and Cocoa until blended.
Remove from heat and mix in Egg and Vanilla Essence.
Pour over Crushed biscuits.
Press into slice tin and place in fridge to set.
Added Sultanas added are nice, and Chocolate Icing is good also. 🙂#1741340BJB January 26, 2020 at 8:07 am
200g butter, softened
1/2 cup Chelsea white sugar
11/4 cups Edmonds standard flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups cornflakes
24 whole walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease a shallow 20 x 30cm tin and line the base and two sides with a strip of baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour and cocoa. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cornflakes.
3. Press afghan mixture into the tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
4. When cold ice with chocolate icing, cut into squares and top each square with a whole walnut.#1741886BJB February 3, 2020 at 7:59 am
1/4 lb butter
1/4 lb sugar
1/2 lb flour
2 tabsps cocoa
1 teasp baking powder
vanilla, dates, walnuts
Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs, add rest of ingredients. Bake in moderate oven.
That’s all the recipe says – most of her recipes were very short and concise. I have also found another one of hers which is called Date shells where you put a date or half a walnut in the middle. Let me know if you would like that recipe too. Now that you mention the Maori Kisses I might have to make them soon.
An oldish recipe, I believe. 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.