- #1729705gabyoneMemberMember since: November 13, 2008
Replies: 2821gabyone August 16, 2019 at 6:49 pm
The Aussie shock jock who spoke offensively about a notable NZ lady seems to like bullying females . Previously he made bully boy comments about an Aussie lady of similar notability as our lady. I noted in the matters that we are no longer allowed to discuss that some of our NZ wanna be shock jocks also seemed to delight in making down right offensive comments about the same notable lady.
Whatever is wrong with policy discussion that does not venture into insulting the participants ???
Have put the knitting needles away in favour of a good book this winter. Seems knitted scarves are out of fashion.
👿 👿 👿
Gabyone Auckland region#1729706huiatahiMemberMember since: March 22, 2017
Replies: 1106huiatahi August 16, 2019 at 6:54 pm
I love the way you have so carefully tip toed through the tulips there gabyone
Replies: 2017Anonymous August 16, 2019 at 9:52 pm
Hero42, as you copied from the internet, about 90% of carbon fibers are made from the polyacrylonitrile (PAN) process. You could have mentioned that the remaining 10% of carbon fibers are made from rayon or petroleum pitch processes.
Yes, you’re correct, all of these materials are organic polymers. Use of the term ’organic’ in talking about carbon fibers sounds like someone’s trying to have the masses believe organic carbon fibers are better for the environment. Alas, whether you’re using the polyacrylonitrile process, the rayon process or the petroleum pitch process, you require crude oil be dug out of the ground for all these processes.
About ten years ago Toyota thought about making a car out of seaweed. I wonder how that process is going.
Seaweed or sea vegetables are a food source for ocean life.
Ocean life is already in decline so humans helping themselves to seaweed provided by nature for ocean lifes’ survival could soon see more ocean species wiped out. However, seaweed farming is already the basis of a multibillion-dollar industry so who really cares about the ecological, biological and environmental issues when there’s money to be made.#1729727henriMemberMember since: April 18, 2017
Replies: 223henri August 17, 2019 at 8:32 am
We overfush so there is surplus seaweed.
: 😎#1729728henriMemberMember since: April 18, 2017
Replies: 223henri August 17, 2019 at 8:35 am
Change is happening already so do we control and keep the change to a minimum.
Or do we do nothing and let climate change control us which won’t be good or nice unless you have a lot of money.
😡#1729731arandarMemberMember since: November 23, 2009
Replies: 10858arandar August 17, 2019 at 12:20 pm
I suspect, against climate change if the world passes the tipping point, having a lot of money will only help to buy you a very high wall, a bunker or an impregnable fortress (IMO, there’s no such thing,) a lot of armed guards and a supply of tinned food.
Me, I’d much rather do my little bit to prevent us reaching the point of no return.
Arandar#1729740gabyoneMemberMember since: November 13, 2008
Replies: 2821gabyone August 17, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Arandar ; I agree.
Prevention is always a better idea than treatment but many people are not prepared to change their lifestyle . They refuse to accept that our lifestyle has wrecked the planet & that climate change is a reality.
Gabyone Auckland region#1729767don021MemberMember since: May 15, 2012
Replies: 1853don021 August 17, 2019 at 4:41 pm
The rate of climate change does not diminish, as also the cost if injuries from this brutal ” game?” of rugby, last year 80 million dollars the cost of injuries and the following cost of those injuries not counted. Yet we still allow, even encourage, oue youngsters to enter the fray. Our spending on health services is far too high, cleaning up this rugby carnage is long overdue.#1729768halcyonMemberMember since: May 4, 2014
Replies: 5023halcyon August 17, 2019 at 4:58 pm
Good point don021. Not only is the cost of rugby to our health sector unacceptable, but one needs to ask if the cost to climate change is also justified. AS the game will not be played until 7,35pm at night think of the cost of powering all those lights needed to floodlight the grounds. Add to that all the air travel, both for the players and the fans.
If people are really serious then maybe a good starting place would be to reduce this type of unjustified energy usage.
“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” (George Orwell, The Animal Farm)#1729793BryanMemberMember since: October 28, 2006
Replies: 12528Bryan August 18, 2019 at 11:36 am
A good place to start may be to work out the air/miles traveled by the players AND add in the air/miles the supporters clock up. So there’s a starting point. As for the broken bones etc., and you will see quite a cost per player.
At Home, At Peace and Causing Trouble In South Taranaki
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.