- #1731862BJB September 10, 2019 at 12:26 pm
NGREDIENTS 3/4 cup Self Raising Flour wholemeal 1/4 cup Rolled Oats 1/4 cup Brown Sugar 1/4 cup Sultanas 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 1/2 cup Milk 1/4 cup Canola Oil 1 Egg lightly beaten METHOD Preheat oven to 190 degrees In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, sultanas and cinnamon. Add the milk, oil and egg. Gently mix until just combined. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tin and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
SULTANA CINNAMON MUFFINS: made with wholemeal flour and Oats.#1731918BJB September 11, 2019 at 7:36 am
3/4 cup orange juice
125 grms butter
1 cup flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp BP
1/2 tsp B Soda
6 Tblsp sugar
!/2 cup sultanas
Cut orange into quarters, put into processor with the juice until finely chopped, then add melted butter and egg, process for 5 to 10 seconds.
Mix with dry ingredients. Bake in greased muffin tins 180dC for 15-20mins.
Or, even better……Soften 3 ozs cream cheese and 2 Tblsp sugar. Put 2/3 muffin mixture into tins, one tsp cream cheese mixture, and top with more mixture. They freeze well and can be microwaved in one minute when needed#1732067BJB September 13, 2019 at 12:34 pm
3/4 cup wholemeal flour;
3/4 cup standard flour;
1 tsp Edmonds baking powder;
pinch of salt;
1/2 cup brown sugar;
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped;
50g butter, melted;
1/2 tsp baking soda;
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C and grease a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt and stir in the sugar and apricots.
3. Mix together the melted butter and the egg and dissolve the soda in the milk.
4. Tip both wet mixtures into the dry ingredients and mix quickly with a round-bladed table knife. Don’t over mix, just stir until everything is almost combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a rack.#1733266BJB September 29, 2019 at 8:10 am
CHOCOLATE COCONUT MUFFINS:
1 1/3 cups flour
¾ cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
75g CADBURY Dark Baking Chocolate, grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa, extra
2 tablespoons coconut milk, extra
40 g butter, softened
1½ cups icing sugar, sifted
Desiccated coconut, for sprinkling
SIFT the flour, sugar, bicarbonate soda, salt and cocoa into a bowl, then stir through the chocolate. In a jug, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and water then stir through the dry ingredients, but do not over mix.
POUR mixture into 12 paper lined 1/3 cup capacity muffin pans. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until required.
COMBINE the extra cocoa and coconut milk, then mix in the butter. Beat together with the icing sugar then spread some on top of each muffin, finishing with a sprinkle of desiccated coconut.#1734425BJB October 10, 2019 at 7:45 am
LEMON YOGURT MUFFINS:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup lemon or plain yogurt
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in pan. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. In a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins.#1736713BJB November 7, 2019 at 12:22 pm
WHOLEMEAL KIWIFRUIT MUFFINS:
5 kiwifruit, peeled
1 banana, mashed
3/4 cup milk
75g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup self raising flour, sifted
3/4 cup wholemeal flour, sifted
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Apricot jam, warmed, to glaze
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
3. Cut 3 kiwifruit into 4 slices each. Coarsely chop remaining 2.
4. In a medium bowl, combine banana, milk, butter, egg and chopped kiwifruit (leaving the sliced kiwifruit aside).
5. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients, stirring gently with a fork until mixture is just combined.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin pan and top each muffin with a slice of kiwifruit. Bake for 20 minutes then remove from the oven. Brush with the warmed apricot jam and bake for a further 5 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched. Cool on a wire rack.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.