- #1694067BJB September 5, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Banana Blueberry Muffins:
3 large ripe bananas
3⁄4 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1⁄3 cup melted butter
1 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups flour
Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Add sugar and egg.
Add butter and blueberries.
Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture.
Pour into 12 well-greased muffin cups.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.#1694107BJB September 6, 2018 at 12:34 pm
1½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oat bran or wheat bran
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chopped dried apricots, optional
2 tablespoons golden syrup or honey
50 grams butter, melted
1 cup milk
Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. Stir in the bran, sugar and apricots.
Mash banana and mix with egg, golden syrup or honey, melted butter and milk.
Gently but quickly fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Divide the mixture evenly between 12 greased muffin tins.
Bake at 220ºC for 12-15 minutes, serve warm with butter and jam.#1695094BJB September 13, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Orange Muffins with Wholemeal Flour:
3/4 cup orange juice
125 grms butter
1 cup flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp BP
1/2 tsp B Soda
6 Tblsp sugar
!/2 cup sultanas
Cut orange into quarters, put into processor with the juice until finely chopped, then add melted butter and egg, process for 5 to 10 seconds.
Mix with dry ingredients. Bake in greased muffin tins 180dC for 15-20mins.
Or, even better……Soften 3 ozs cream cheese and 2 Tblsp sugar. Put 2/3 muffin mixture into tins, one tsp cream cheese mixture, and top with more mixture. They freeze well and can be microwaved in one minute when needed#1695412BJB September 15, 2018 at 8:07 am
Banana and Walnut Muffins:
1 3/4 cups (220g) plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 pinch teaspoon salt
250g (3 medium peeled) mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup (155g) caster sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Prep: 15 minutes |Cook: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray or line with paper muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
3. Mash bananas add eggs, sugar, oil and lemon rind. Stir into flour mixture until just until combined. Stir in walnuts. Fill muffin pans about two thirds full.
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in a muffin comes out clean and tops are lightly browned.
5. Cool slightly, turn muffins out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.