- #1667703vale019MemberMember since: August 20, 2012
Replies: 18059vale019 February 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Manurere – I’m not quite sure what you mean?
If I want to forward something someone has written I click on ‘Quote’ ????#1667706manurere February 13, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Such a neat and interesting thread…
😆 😆 Dog falling off to sleep.
Internet so slow…will try again 2morrow
manurere Whangarei#1667707manurere February 13, 2018 at 10:11 pm
OMGoodness 🙄 🙄 Mmmmm…not suppose to reprint kai post 😳 😳
manurere Whangarei#1667708manurere February 13, 2018 at 10:16 pm
Manurere – I’m not quite sure what you mean?
If I want to forward something someone has written I click on ‘Quote’ ????
I clicked on quote for your post as you said, same for kai post…and it came out with her pictures, is that what was suppose to happen… 😳
manurere Whangarei#1667726supergold February 13, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Manurere you can avoid posting everything someone has posted by simply highlighting the area you want to say, then click ‘quote’. Only that small part of the original post will come up so that you can then comment on it.
it came out with her pictures, is that what was suppose to happen
Hope that helps you.
Supergold-Wainuiomata (Wellington)#1667838supergold February 14, 2018 at 12:21 pm
When you tell Grandma there’s no food ….
Supergold-Wainuiomata (Wellington)#1667900vale019MemberMember since: August 20, 2012
Replies: 18059vale019 February 14, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Old Movie Stars Dance to Uptown Funk#1667955supergold February 14, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Lovely to see old familiar faces.
Thank you Val.
Supergold-Wainuiomata (Wellington)#1667956supergold February 14, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Nowadays, anyone with an Wi-Fi connection has the world at their fingertips. Literally. Thanks to Google and other sites like it, you can know basically everything in and about our world. But, in reality, there are still countless mysteries in the world that are still unsolved. But that said, countless mind-blowing facts about the world also exist! So, we’ve compiled 39 worldly facts that are sure to make even the most intelligent and knowledgeable person wide-eyed and surprised – and here they are!
39 Facts About the World That Will Surprise Even the Most Intelligent Person
- A strawberry is not a berry, but a banana is a berry
- The average chocolate bar contains eight insect pieces
- There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand in the world
- Humans completely replace their outer skin every month
- Mosquitoes have killed more humans than all wars in history
- You’re twice as likely to get killed by a vending machine than a shark
- For every human on earth, there is 1.6 million ants
- France was still executing people by guillotine up until 1977
- The word ‘set’ has the most number of definitions (464) in the English language
- In an average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator
- The jaw is the most commonly used joint in the human body
- Starfish are not fish (they’re sea urchins) and killer whales are not whales (they’re dolphins)
- Speaking of dolphins, they can actually call each other by name
- One piece of space junk returns to earth every day
- The naked mole rat is immune to cancer and can live with almost no oxygen
- Due to gravity, the theoretical maximum height of a tree is 130 meters
- The mouth of a blue whale can hold its own bodyweight in water
- An average adult contains 7 quintillion joules of potential energy (or, 30 hydrogen bombs)
- The technology in one Gameboy exceeds all the computing power used to put man on the moon
- 99% of the earth’s gold is located in its core
- Getting struck by lightening heats skin up to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil
- The Hawaiian alphabet only has twelve letters (A, E, I, O, U, H, K, L, M, N, P, and W)
- The lighter was invented ten years earlier than the match
- The strongest muscle in the human body (proportional to its size) is the tongue
- Whips make a cracking sound because the tip actually moves faster than the speed of sound, creating a small sonic boom
- Charles Darwin was the first person who had the idea to attach wheels to his office chair to move around more quickly
- To tell a real diamond from a fake one, breathe on it; fake ones will fog up while real ones will stay clear
- The 3 most sold products in human history are the iPhone, Harry Potter books, and Rubik’s Cube
- A cockroach can live a few weeks without its head, before eventually dying of hunger.
- Besides the 5 senses, you also have proprioception, awareness of the position of your body parts
- The Spanish word ‘esposas’ means both ‘handcuffs’ and ‘wives’
- When you gain or lose weight, your fat cells don’t disappear — they simply change in size
- 99% of the microbes that live inside humans are unknown to science
- Paper cuts are more painful than regular cuts because such a wound almost never bleeds; instead, nerve endings stay open to the air which irritates them
- If you wanted to burn 1 calorie by clicking on a mouse, you would need to click a mouse button 10 million times
- If you make ice cubes with tap water, they will be white; if you use boiled water, they will be transparent
- It takes such little electricity to charge your phone that if you calculated the yearly cost of it, it would be less than $1
- Animals avoid power lines because they are scared of ultraviolet flashes invisible to the human eye
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.#1668198manurere February 16, 2018 at 9:14 am
Manurere you can avoid posting everything someone has posted
Thank you SG. I hope this works… 😐 😐
Back in edit to add:
Hey SG it worked, thank you. I do not remember having doing this in the past but most pleased about it all. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Now to scroll back and see all the posts.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.