Login/Join to access your personalised dashboard now! Returning user? Log in or Register

2014 Europe tour

This topic contains 33 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  alic80431 > 7 days ago.

Discussions Travel International Travel 2014 Europe tour

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)
    lind84244
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11
    lind84244

They look really good – at least the ones I’ve had time to google sure do. I was idly wondering whether to throw a swimsuit in my bag. In my experience European hotels often don’t have pools, but there’s bound to be in Dubai and I saw to my surprise that the hotel in Rome appears to have a big outdoor one. So if you like a dip, you might like to add togs to your list. Cheers, Lindsey

carol52
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4
    carol52

Thanks for the thumbs up to travelsim Jaysee. Definitely sounds like the way to go. Carolyn:D

glor
    Replies: 5
    glor

Hello fellow travellers, I went and brought power adaptors for UK ( works in Dubai too I think) and also the one for Europe. Thought now would be a good time to update my will be fore we head off, seeing it was last done 6-7 years ago. Circumstances have changed a lot so gradually getting all my ‘i’s’ dotted and ‘t’s’ crossed. Looking forward to getting our travel and accomm’ documents etc. Cheers gloria

lind84244
    lind84244

Oh, that’s impressive, Gloria – getting all that detail done. Yes, you can easily get power adapters that will let you plug in pretty much anywhere. Not every hotel is like one I stayed at in Beijing a few years back, where they had a pull-out shelf in your room that was pre-wired with every power socket known to mankind. 😛 Our gorgeous-looking hotels (see my post of yesterday) are bound to supply hairdryers but of course you’ll be wanting to charge phones etc. One good thing you’ll be getting with your documents is a Globus baggage strap that they’d like us to put around our suitcases. Much easier for porters and bag carriers if they can spot our group’s bags at a glance.

lind84244
    lind84244

Hope you’re all looking forward to a good Easter weekend. If you live in or around Auckland you may be interested in coming along to meet a few other group members on Saturday, May 3. At least three of us will be at the cafe at Palmers Remuera garden centre that day, at 10.30 am. So far it’s me (and I’ll be wearing a yellow scarf for ID purposes), plus two ladies with same name – slightly different spelling – Robyn and Robynne. I thought it would be nice for at least a few of us to have a preliminary meeting and chat, especially for anyone travelling on their own. Palmers is right on the roundabout at the junction of Remuera, Shore and Upland Roads. If you can make it – see you at the cafe inside!

stormyweather
    Replies: 6
    stormyweather

Hi Lindsay,
    Have just read thru the little red books that came with our Tour Package, OM goodness, what a lot of information, Re the Optional extra tours, is it nessessary to book before we get to that particular city or can we make up our minds when we get there, if we decide that we want to do one? Also, at the beggining it mentioned we should confirm our booking with the London Hotel and the Tour, I sort of presumed Globus would do all that, do we then need to follow up?:roll:

stormyweather
    Replies: 6
    stormyweather

Hi all, please dis-regard last comment by me, I have just read the accompanying letter, Duh!!! The weather here in Auckland is atrocious, I think we are being hit by the tail end of Cyclone Ita, I got soaked coming into work this morning, mind you the farmers, watertanks and gardens need the rain.:D Cheers Robynne

glor
    Replies: 5
    glor

Hello fellow adventurers, mmm, I’m now starting to get a little bit excited about our trip, only 1 month to go and that will fly I’m sure. I don’t know about everyone else, but I registered mine and Barbaras travel destination plans with Dept Internal Affairs, so in case of emergency of some sort, NZ knows where to get hold of us as in what hotels we’ll be staying at. Have yet to let Ministry Social Development know the dates I’ll be out of the country, thank goodness I’m a Goldcard holder. Hey there sure was heaps to take in with the pack Globus sent us. I need to read it all again to ensure I haven’t missed anything:roll: Cheers Gloria

supergold
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 9091
    supergold

Have you started the tour yet? I’ve been waiting to hear how you are all getting on. Please, please, please let us all know – we are waiting with bated breath. Have a wonderful time. 😀

Supergold-Wainuiomata (Wellington)

Anonymous
    Replies: 1857
    Anonymous

Supergold, I’m not sure if this is the same trip you were mentioning, but on receiving the Gups news letters you can see how others have enjoyed their trips and may like to read up on them. Seems like that had a great time. I’ll place a link here for another enjoyable trip, if it was the same one?
    http://www.grownups.co.nz/read/travel/destinations/globus-europe-tour-2014

Enjoy!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Advertisement

Join Free.  Register for newsletter updates & complete your membership for full site access.  Welcome & Enjoy!

Register Free today and go in the draw to win a $50 gift card!

Close X  
GrownUps

Register

Join 165,000 GrownUps for Free. Register now to receive our regular email newsletters to keep you up to date & complete your membership to access all areas of the site. We can’t wait to meet you. Enjoy!

Please tick the box to continue:

GrownUps

Excellent, you're all signed up for the GrownUps newsletter!

An email has been sent to the email address you provided for when you're ready to finish setting up your user profile.

We hope to see you soon!