- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in specific Competition promotions are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions included on the Grown Ups New Zealand Limited (“GrownUps”) website (“Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on the GrownUps web page posting for such Competition (“the Competition Notice”) and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- GrownUps reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of GrownUps shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the Competition, entrants must be a registered member (“Member”) of the grownups.co.nz website (the “Site”) (details on how to register as a member and Site terms and conditions of use can be found on the Site).
- Employees of GrownUps, its associated companies and agencies and the partners and sponsors associated with the Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition is a car or includes travel outside New Zealand and/or car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- GrownUps reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, GrownUps in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified (unless the competition rules allow for multiple entry). Where a winner has been selected and GrownUps discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, GrownUps reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. GrownUps cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, GrownUps does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- You must answer all questions on the Competition form to be eligible.
- Competition participants (” Competitors”) must be 18 years of age or more.
- The Competitors biographical details and names and photographs and audiovisual recordings of the Competitors may be used for publicity purposes in all media by GrownUps and Competitors agree that they must make themselves available for this purpose. All winners must waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for use of publicity material.
- Where the prize is a trip, Competitors agree that the winner will make themselves available on request for the recording of all parts of the trip, that the recording may be edited at the discretion of GrownUps and that GrownUps may transmit and authorise the transmission of the edited recording, together with their photographs and biographical material, for any purpose (except commercial endorsement) and by any means throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Where the prize is a trip, the prize does not include the cost of passports, visas, medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages (except for dinners), airport or port taxes, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades. The prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. All components of the prize must be taken together. (Unless specifically stated in the Competition Notice)
- It is a condition of accepting a travel prize that the winner may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover all incidentals which may be incurred.
- Competition entrants accept that no end time may be stated on the Competition Notice and there for can assume that the competition will continue for a “reasonable” time. (Reasonable in this context relates to the value of the prize, where the greater the value the longer the competition will generally run)
- GrownUps reserves the right to conduct security verification checks in relation to the prize winner at its absolute discretion. The prize winner may be required to sign a declaration confirming eligibility to accept the prize.
- The prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from prize winnings and independent financial advice should be sought prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrants have 7 days from the announcement of their having won and if the prize is not claimed within 7 days it is at GrownUps’s discretion to redraw.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. GrownUps reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time. The winner has to abide by any laws, rules or terms and conditions of use of the prize
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades, etc) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- GrownUps does not promote, endorse or warrant on the behalf of the prize.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of GrownUps which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, GrownUps reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
- To the full extent permitted by law, GrownUps will not be liable to the winner in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the winner or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.
- GrownUps respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand (and Australia) and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.