More injuries happen at home than at work, on the road, or while playing sport. In fact, on average, someone is injured at home every 48 seconds! But it’s not all doom and gloom. The good news is, with just a few simple changes, you can make your home a safer place for you, your family and visitors.
Spring time is a great time to have a look around your place and reduce the risk of accident before you and your family start spending more time outdoors.
Some top tips from ACC that Resene can help with are:
- Keep your paths and steps clear of leaves and moss and be careful when it’s raining. You can clean moss and mould with Resene Moss & Mould Killer, decks with Resene Timber and Deck Wash and paths with Resene Deep Clean or Resene Paint Prep and Housewash.
- Make sure your outdoor areas are well lit with sensor lights and mark the edges of steps and drops with white paint for better visibility. Try using Resene Non-Skid Deck and Path for this so the white strip of paint has the added benefit of being non slip.
- If you’re building from new, grooved timber on decks gives better grip. If you have an existing deck you can improve its slip resistance by adding Resene SRG Grit to your deck paint to reduce the risk of slips. On porches add SRG Grit to Resene Waterborne Sidewalk, especially when the porch is exposed to rain.
- Keep chemical, solvents, paints and sprays out of sight and reach of children – ideally lock them away in a cupboard. Better yet, return all unwanted paint and paint packaging to the Resene PaintWise service – it will get them out of your house and the packaging and materials can be recycled, donated to community groups or reused.
- Keep three points of contact on ladders – e.g. two feet and a hand. Don’t reach over too far – keep your belt buckle within the sides of the ladder.
See the Resene Deck. Paths, Driveways and Recreational Areas colour chart for options for your place.
- Check out the Resene Putting your safety first brochure for other tips to keep yourself safe when painting.
Resene has all the paint, stains, coatings and professional advice you need to get a quality finish on your home, business or project, from tip to toe inside and out. so come in and see us and we can ensure you have the right products, tools and knowhow to do the job right first time. We have thousands of colours to choose from, including our The Range fashion collection and our extensive whites and neutrals collection, or we can create a custom colour match to suit. We started in New Zealand in 1946 and today our products are still formulated right here to suit our environment.
Enjoy savings on Resene paint with your Resene ColorShop Card or Resene DIY Card. Click here
for more information or to apply for your free card.
Find out what product to use where with our popular recommended systems guide
View the Resene colour range on the Resene website
or in store
. Then try your colours out without lifting a paintbrush with our free Resene EzyPaint virtual painting software
And if you need help with your painting technique watch the how to videos in our online video library
... Or if you’d rather get a professional painter to complete the job for you, the free Resene Find-A-Painter service
can help or you can choose from our list of professional Resene Eco.Decorators
Come in and see the friendly professional staff at your local Resene ColorShop and we’ll help you achieve a quality result on your projects.And for other safety tips and ideas, check out www.homesafety.co.nz.
For your nearest Resene ColorShop or for colour and paint information and advice:Call
0800 RESENE (737 363)Visit
the Resene website, www.resene.co.nz Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more from Resene:Paint Colour Trends for 2013 and Beyond
Paint Your Bathroom Beautiful
Curtain Trends for 2012 and Beyond
Do You Know How Many Stars Your Home Is?
Smart Redecorating Ideas to Help You Save Time and Money
Wallpaper Trends for 2012 and Beyond
Colour Trends for 2012
Colour Confidence Walls That Work