This article is part of the Life topic. Below are more articles in this topic.
This article has been submitted by a GrownUps member. GrownUps accepts no liability for its content and the views and information contained within are not necessarily those of the GrownUps website.
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height. Let the Drs worry about them, that's why you pay them!!
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches only pull you down.
3. Keep learning, never let the brain idle, learn more about the computer,crafts, gardening, whatever as an "idle mind is the devil's workshop". And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good preserve it . If it's unstable, improve it. If it's beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you LOVE them at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
(I didn't write these poignant words but felt that they should be shared with as many people as possible, as I feel they are so true.)