This article is part of the Eva Maria topic. Below are more articles in this topic.
Read more from Eva-Maria here
Christmas can become one of the most stressful times of year very quickly – with work commitments, as well as the worry of where to go on holiday, can all become too much very quickly. So if you’re thinking of taking a holiday this festive season with the family, here are a few quick tips about how you can make the holiday time as stress-free as possible.
In sync with my newly released second book ‘Shush, You!’ I stand by the belief that you can improve relationships with your kids through small actions in 5 minutes a day or less, so this article is in hope that you can achieve that on holiday!
1. If you don’t know where to go, ask your kids!
2. Give your teen a time frame and budget, and let them come up with a travel itinerary.
3. Don’t ban iPods or cell phones – simply dedicate some time to when you can discuss something as a family during the trip.
4. If you’re taking your work on holiday, make sure you dedicate your time to it for an X amount of time every day.
5. Make a rule that if it’s a family trip, the whole family goes. No exceptions. That also narrows your chances of coming back to an un-supervised party house.
6. When conflicts arise, cut them on the spot. Take them for a walk and have a good chat to them.
7. Most of all, remember to have fun! Without banning anything, or starting up arguments, remember why you went on holiday, and that was to bond, and have fun!